|This Photo of Trout Is Courtesy Of Wikipedia On Google.|
Serves 6-8 as an appetizer.
- 360 gr of smoked trout filets without those very thin bones.
- 200 gr of Philadelphia cheese.
- ½ cup of mayonnaise.
- 2 sachets of gelatine powder.
- Lots of freshly ground black and green pepper.
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika.
- 2 tsp. of chili flakes.
- No salt.
- 1 small onion.
- Juice of one lemon or according to your taste for acidity.
- A few sprigs of dill.
- Mix 1 sachet of the gelatine foils as per instructions on the sachet.
- Pour half of the quantity of liquid in the base of a 26 cm loaf mold, set on top dill and zest of lemon.
- Refrigerate so the gelatine sets.
- Pour the rest of gelatine liquid and refrigerate again till completely set. This is done so that the dill and the lemon zest looks imbedded in the gelatine.
- In the meantime combine the smoked trout filets, the cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1 sachet of gelatine powder (follow instructions on the sachet) onion lemon juice, and mix well with a blender until you obtain a thick paste.
- Now you can add the whole green peppers, chili flakes, and dill.
- Spread on top of the gelatine in the mold.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, using a thin and flat spatula, separate the edges of the mousse so that it will be easier to transfer to a rectangular platter.
- Heat the top of the mold with a burner. The mousse will drop to the platter.
- Cut with a sharp knife into slices.
Enjoy with a cold white wine as a starter.