|Lemon Zest On The Blue Cheese Sauce.Very Tasty!!|
You will need:
Makes 6 burgers.
- 1.3 kg lean ground beef.
- 1 medium liquified onion.
- 2 whole eggs.
- ¼ cup olive oil.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Combine the above in a big bowl and mix well by hand till you obtain a homogenous mixture.
- Weigh roughly 280 gr of mixture and form a ball. With the palm of your hand press the top of the ball to form the burger one inch thick.
- Make the other 5 and brush them all with olive oil .
- Grill your burgers on a very hot grill for 3 minutes then rotate 45 degrees and grill for another 3 minutes to make the beautiful rhombic forms presented to you in posh restaurants.
- Overturn the burgers to cook the other side.
Note: There is a school of thought that insists on always cooking ground meat to well done. But another, like the French, for example, like their burgers rare. It all depends on the freshness of your ground meat. This is the reason I have invested into buying a 1400 watt meat grinding machine not only to be sure of the freshness of my ground meat but to be able to grind lamb/mutton/goat etc. something which local butchers will not do.
Making the blue cheese sauce:
- 75 gr of any blue cheese : Roquefort, Bleu d'Auvergne, Danablu, or even Gorgonzola.
- 150 gr of Philadelphia cream cheese.
- 6 Tbsp. milk to give the mixture the correct thickness.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 Tsp. lemon-pepper.
- Zest of one lemon.
- Combine blue cheese, cream cheese and milk blend with a hand held vertical mixer till the mixture is creamy and smooth with no pieces of blue cheese in it.
- Heat over low heat while mixing with a spatula till bubbly, turn off heat.
Serve burgers with sauce topped with lemon zest, vapor cooked broccoli and thin carrots.