Colored Cupcakes....Good For Our Psychology
Cupcakes....the latest fad...craze...one more reason to get fat!! And I love them. I would love to share with you a recipe from Cupcake Recipes.com which matched more or less to our tastes and possibilities.
You will need:
Makes 12 vanilla cupcakes.
- 2 Cups all purpose flour.
- 1½ cups castor sugar.
- 3 Tbsp. baking powder.
- ½ tsp. salt.
- 4 egg whites from large eggs.
- ½ cup shortening.
- 1 cup milk.
- 2 large whole eggs.
- 1½ tsp. vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 2 minutes. Scrape blowl. Add egg whites and whole eggs and mix at high speed until fluffy and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Fill liners ½ to 2/3 full of batter. Don't be afraid to over fill them but they should at the most reach the brim of the liner. They should not over flow to the pans. They must not touch the pans. Bake 20 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans then remove from pan, and place on wire racks to cool completely.
Frosting: Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting. (My daughter loves this frosting)
- 30 gr good premium quality fresh unsalted butter.
- 90 gr Philadelphia cream cheese.
- 1½ cups powdered sugar.
- 1 tsp. lemon rind.
- Pink, yellow, blue food coloring.
- Green and red maraschino cherries with stems.
- Sift sugar.
- Add softened butter and cream cheese.
- Mix together very well with an electric hand beater until smooth and not grainy.
- Separate frosting into three little bowls.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of pink food color in one bowl and mix well to unify pink color.
- Add 2 to 3 drops blue food color in the other bowl and mix well to unify a turquoise color.
- Add 2 drops of yellow food color and 2 drops of blue food color and mix well to unify a pistachio color.
Note: You can play around with the colors to obtain whatever colors you want.
- Use a small spoon to cover the tops of the cupcakes with the different colored frosting you prepared.
- Top with a stemmed green or red cherry as you please.
Et Voila!! Very festive, giving a tone of happiness in you heart.