Flat Green Beans In Tomato Sauce.....A Different Way
|In This Case, I Fried The Garlic Quickly|
On High Heat On The Edge Of The
Skillet Then Mixed With The Green Beans.
|Ready After A Maximum Of Seven |
Flat green beans have more flesh on them than the thin string ones...made with a light tomato sauce, with garlic only (no onion, no chili, no dry coriander), can make an everyday meal nutritive and delicious.
You will need
- 500 gms of frozen flat green beans thawed.
- 5 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- 4 Tbsp. grated tomato with the juice.
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste.
- 2 bouillon cubes of braised beef.
- 2 Tbsp. water.
- 1/4 tsp. sugar.
- Olive oil.
- No salt. The cubes are salty enough.
- Add pepper if you wish
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and stir fry the garlic on high heat.
- Add the flat green beans and mix in the garlic.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Simultaneously in a little sauce pan, add the grated tomato with juice, tomato paste, the two cubes, the sugar, the water and bring to a boil, and stir till the cubes are dissolved. Turn off heat.
- Add the tomato mix to the green beans stir, simmer on low heat for maximum another 3 minutes. The beans should not cook all the way, they should still have a certain bite to them.
Tip: Do not overcook the tomato sauce or else it becomes difficult to digest.
Serve with white rice.