Baked Lamb Cutlets........Interesting For A Change
Baby lamb in my opinion is not only tasteless but a pity to eat when so young. Older lamb has more taste and more meat. The best lamb is immediately after it stops feeding on its mother's milk. When buying a lamb shoulder, sometimes the whole rack of cutlets is also included. Therefore it is possible to separate the cutlets from the shoulder and use each to make a different dish. In this recipe we shall use the rack of cutlets. I used the shoulder to make a Lamb Curry.
You will need:
- 1 rack of lamb cutlets cut in individual pieces.
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed and finely chopped.
- Juice of one lemon.
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar.
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (prefer Greek extra virgin Kalamata olive oil).
- 1 Tbsp. freshly ground black pepper.
- Salt to taste.
- Fresh mint.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Arrange cutlets in a baking dish lined with baking paper.
- Add oil, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, black pepper, salt and fresh mint. Rub well all the meat.
- Bake for 1 hour covering during the last 15 minutes with aluminum foil.
Suggested wine: Bordeaux