|Heavy Cream Before Blending It Into The Pumpkin Soup|
- 2 kg pure pumpkin cut in cubes large or small.
- 1/4 cup olive oil.
- 2 cups chopped leek.
- Two cubes of chicken broth.
- 1 litre boiling hot water with the two cubes dissolved in it.
- 50 ml of cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Some chopped parsley for colour and garnish.
- Cut, peel and chop pumpkin to end up with 2 kg.
- Use a large pot, heat the oil to stir fry the leek till it is completely soft.
- Add the pumpkin stirring every now and then. The pot should be covered to help the pumpkin cook faster.
- When soft, add the boiling broth, stir a couple of times cover again and let cook till the pumpkin is completely soft.
- At this point use the vertical hand held blender to render the pumpkin completely fluid with no lumps in it.
- Add the cream and stir till absorbed.
- Add the parsley and serve hot.
- It will be thickish and very gratifying.
I found it delicious so did my family. If you follow my steps exactly you will also enjoy it when it is cold.