Summer is coming to an end. September however is the best time of the year when the sea is still warm, kids are back in school and don't bother you on the beach,and the weather is fantastic.
The best food you can eat in a fish tavern by the sea while sipping ouzo would be prawns and sardines. You get all the aphrodisiac advantage of the prawns and the omega 3 from the sardines to keep your heart pumping good while enjoying the many beautiful moments of life....
To cook the prawns and the sardines at home all you need of course are the shrimp, the sardines and a grill to set on your gas stove top or on your bbq.
- 24 medium large prawns.
- 24 large sardines.
- Finely chopped parsley.
- A few lemon wedges.
- Some olive oil.
- Clean prawns from the sand in their spinal cord by cutting using a pair of scissors the shell from the base of the prawn head till you reach the tail.
- Clean the black stuff and wash well.
- Clean the sardines as already mentioned in my how to posts.
- Strain from excess water.
- Heat your grill to piping hot.
- Place both the prawns and sardines on the grill for about 5 minutes each side.
- Do not over cook the prawns lest they dry out. (When the meat get pink/red they are ready).
Serve with chopped parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper, and Eggplant salad if you wish.