Sweet Condensed Milk Pie With Orange Rind, Chocolate Chips And Sultanas.
I think I may have developed a sweet tooth lately and going ape on sweets. Read an article the other day in a dessert magazine and was inspired to make the following pie:
You will need:
- 1 ready made, frozen, rectangular normal pastry for pies, thawed.
- 2 cans of sweet condensed milk.
- 6 egg yolks slightly beaten.
- Rind from 3 oranges.
- 2 shots of Grand Marnier yellow ribbon.
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
- ½ cup of chocolate chips.
- ½ cup of sultanas.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cut two large enough pieces of oven proof paper.
- Lay one on your working surface.
- Lay your pastry on it then cover with second piece of oven proof paper.
- This way you can easily move it around, and do whatever you want to it.
- Make a round pie at least 26 cm in diameter.
- Set in the pie mold with removable bottom, making sure the sides are covered.
- Using your scissors cut around the mold leaving about 3 cm excess.
- Take off the upper paper.
- Make holes with a fork in the pie bottom and sides to prevent the pastry from rising.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out from oven.
For the filling:
- Pour both cans of sweet condensed milk into a bowl.
- Add ¾ of the orange rind, vanilla, Grand Marnier, and the slightly beaten eggs.
Making of the Pie:
- Pour mixture into the partially baked crust.
- Sprinkle the orange rind, chocolate chips and the sultanas on the surface.
- Bake for a further 40 minutes at the same temperature of 180 degrees C.
- Take out from oven and let cool.
Serve and Enjoy.