Once you went through all the trouble of making a batch of 1 kg of fresh pasta which you can cut anyway you like, it is worth your while to use it with different toppings.
Last week I made a batch of 1 kg. Cut in half and used it for a meat sauce competition between friends living in the same building where we got second prize! First prize went to our friends from the third floor, and third prize went to our friends from the fourth. We all ate a lot and drank a lot. We live on the sixth and last floor.
The other half of the batch we used to eat with smoked salmon and salmon roe. Fantastic....
- 500 gr fresh pasta. (recipe dated Tuesday February 18th 2013 http://www.your-dreams-coming-true.com/2014/02/home-made-tagliatelle-emiliani.html#links)
- 250 ml fresh cream 35% already well heated.
- ¼ cup dill very finely chopped. (You will not see it in the pictures because I did not have any that day).
- 200 gr smoked salmon separated into fine slices and rolled.
- 100 gr salmon roe.
- Boil the tagliatelle in lots of water (5 liters minimum).
- No salt in the boiling water because both the smoked salmon and roe are salty enough.
- Once tagliatelle surface, wait 2 minutes and strain always keeping some of the liquid.
- Add the cream to the serving bowl, add the pasta and mix well adding some of the kept water from boiling to render the pasta juicy.
- Decorate the bowl with some smoked salmon and fish roe.
- Serve a side dish of the remaining smoked salmon and roe for further helpings.
Enjoy with a nice dry white wine.