Pork Cubes In Bordeaux Wine And Porcini Sauce On Semolina
Pork Cubes in Bordeaux wine and porcini sauce is a dish you could prepare for Sunday. The combination of the Bordeaux wine with the Porcini gives a very special taste which goes with everythng including french fried potatoes, rice, pasta, mashed potatoes, semolina, polenta or just by itself....
Ingredients for 6 persons.
- 1 kg lean pork (no visible fat) cut in 2.5 cm cubes.
- ½ cup flour.
- ¼ cup olive oil.
- 1 small onion diced.
- 3 cloves garlic minced.
- 2 Bay leaves.
- 350 ml Bordeaux wine.
- 20 gr dried porcini mushrooms boiled in water.
- 1 tsp. dry Thyme.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil porcini in a small sauce pan with enough water to cover.
- Boil for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove the mushrooms.
- Strain the juice to get rid of sand, set all aside.
- Mix flour and pork cubes to coat pork on all sides.
- Heat oil in pan and sear pork cubes until a brown color is obtained, 5 minutes.
- Remove pork cubes onto a plate.
- In same oil, stir-fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add pork cubes stir-fry a few minutes then deglaze with wine.
- Add mushrooms and strained juice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a minimum and simmer till the pork is cooked and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Scrape bottom with wooden or plastic flat spatula to collect the goodies stuck to the pan.
- At this point the sauce will be thick and tasty.
- Add salt and pepper and thyme.
- Serve on rice, pasta, french fries, or with whatever you wish.