Special Frittata With Whole Chicken Sausage.
Ingredients for the frittata:
- 9 whole medium sized eggs well beaten with an electric hand whisk.
- 120 gr of left over white beans or open a can and drain.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- 1 medium onion finely sliced.
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- 2 lemon grass stalks finely sliced.
- 2 tomatoes cubed.
- ¼ bunch cilantro (fresh coriander) chopped.
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Six chicken sausages grilled.
- Heat pan and oil and stir fry onion slices till transparent.
- Add garlic and stir fry for about a minutes.
- Add tomato cubes and stir fry and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add lemon grass and beans. Stir.
- Add smoked paprika. Stir.
- Add beaten eggs to cover the mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro.
- Cover, lower heat to minimum and let cook slowly for 30 minutes. Do not uncover.
- When time, check if it is done by sticking a wooden skewer in the middle. It should come out dry.
- Over turn onto your serving platter.
- Serve with the sausages on top.
I should have waited to sprinkle the chopped cilantro fresh over the top once over turned. I now ended up with the cilantro in the bottom.