What can be healthier than Boiled Beef Short Ribs With Steamed Broccoli And Cauliflower. Everything is boiled...the carrots, the celery, onion, and whatever else your little heart desires, such as turnips, leeks, etc., if you happen to have it in your fridge. I have not used any garlic (funny enough) because I don't like boiled garlic! Furthermore I steamed in a so called " Coucoussière " the broccoli and cauliflower cut in small florets. Nothing wrong with this food...start your week nice and light....
The Christmas Holidays are around the corner and we may go a bit overboard with the calories, the sauté, roast potatoes in duck fat etc. So fly with me here to see how I make this light meal. (By the way it's been one hour since we have eaten and I am already hungry!!)
- 2 kg beef short ribs bone included.
- 4 Carrots cut in pieces.
- 2 onions halved with a clove pinned in each half.
- ½ bunch celery leaves roughly cut.
- 2 bay leaves.
- About 10 juniper berries.
- 1 tsp. pepper corns.
- Salt to taste.
- Wash meat before putting in pressure cooker.
- Cover with water about 5 cm above the meat. (Remember I need stock)
- Add all of the above.
- Close pressure cooker. Put valve on.
- Place on stove top on high heat till the water boils and the valve starts revolving with steam coming out. Lower heat to minimum and count 1 hour.
- When time, just turn off heat and let the pressure cooker cool.
- When cool, take off valve making sure there is no steam left.
- Open cover.
- Use a wide hole strainer ladle to take the meat, bones, carrots etc. out.
- Leave the precious stock behind to cool completely before freezing.
Ingredients for the steamed broccoli and cauliflower:
- Add about 5 cm worth of cold water in the bottom part of the steamer pot.
- Put on the strainer on top and cover.
- When water boils, add broccoli and cauliflower florets into the strainer, cover, lower heat to minimum and count 10 minutes.
- When time is up just turn off the heat and keep cover on till it is time to eat.
That's it! Enjoy