Fantastic Spicy Sweet Pepper Sauce
This morning I felt like cooking. I had bought some red sweet peppers (not bell peppers) from the market the other day which told me (the red peppers did) "make a sauce out of us".
This is a sauce which can be used hot or cold, on pasta, meat, fish, or even Quinoa, Cracked Buckwheat, or Millet for those who wish low glycemic index foods.
Here's how it goes:
- 500 gr grated tomato sauce with juices.
- 3 medium onion thinly sliced into rings.
- 6 cloves of garlic crushed through the garlic crusher.
- 1 Tbsp. hot dried chili flakes.
- 1/3 cup olive oil.
- ½ Tbsp. smoked paprika.
- Heat oil in a deep pan on high heat.
- Stir fry onions till transparent.
- Add garlic till beautiful aroma reaches you.
- Add chili flakes.
- Add smoked paprika, give it a stir.
- Stir well, bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- If you see it getting dry, add some water or any kind of broth.
You now have a ready sauce to use hot or cold as you wish.