|You can see the scallion bits in the burger!|
Serves 4 people.
- 1kg ground beef.
- 3 scallions thinly sliced.
- 2 tsp. za'atar (Lebanese oregano).
- 1 whole egg.
- Some olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Or none.
- Mix ground beef, scallion slices, za'atar, egg, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix by hand very well until all ingredients are well mixed in.
- Shape into 150 gr. each burgers.
- Grill both sides on very hot stove top grill to desired doneness.
Note: To make the rhombic grill lines, grill for 1 minute then lift burger rotate clockwise or anticlockwise 45 degrees. If you rotate them 90 degrees the marks will come out square.
Enjoy with an egg over each, cheese or just plain with some green salad.