Serves 4 - 6
- 9 big eggs ( 9?...because that is all I had. You can use 8 or 10 or 9).
- 500 gr frozen spinach.
- 200 gr frozen sweet peas.
- 1 big broccoli already cooked (steamed 7 minutes) cut in florets.
- 1 cup left over wild rice.
- 1 cup left over buckwheat.
- 4 chicken sausages chopped in small pieces.
- 3 tsp. of garlic*.
- ¼ cup fine bread crumbs.
- 100 ml warm milk.
- 1 tsp. dry yeast (dissolved in the warm milk).
- No salt / pepper to taste.
* The Garlic:
- Peel three heads of garlic, boil for 5 minutes, then process them into a paste.
- Add olive oil and mix... put into a sterilized jar.
- Refrigerate to use by the tea spoonful when needed.
- 1 tea spoon is approximately equivalent to one clove of garlic.
- Break the eggs in a big bowl and beat well.
- Add the warm milk with the dry yeast.
- Beat again to mix. Set aside.
- Thaw the peas and the spinach in a pan with cover at minimum heat till completely thawed and cook 5 minutes still at minimum heat with the lid on.
- Add sausage.
- Add rice and buckwheat.
- Add broccoli florets.
- Add bread crumbs.
- Mix and transfer to a big bowl and let cool.
- Heat olive oil just to cover the base of a 24 cm non stick pan.
- Pour egg/vegetable mixture in pan carefully.
- Cover and reduce heat to minimum.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Using a big plate overturn the frittata to cook on the other side for about 5 minutes then turn off heat till you are ready to eat, leaving the food where it is with cover on. This will help dry the frittata.
Transfer to a serving platter cut into wedges and serve with a cabbage salad sliced very thinly. Use apple vinegar and olive oil to dress no salt, pepper to taste.