Home Made Spelt (Zeas In Greek) Bread.
When you get the right recipe then you can use your mixer and oven. I haven't tried it yet. Here how it goes using the bread machine for 1 kg of spelt bread. Please bear with me I will present you with proper instructions for mixer/oven use.
- 400 ml hot water 37 degrees C.
- 500 gm whole meal spelt flour. (Alevri Zeas)
- 50 gm rye flour. (Alevri Sikaleos).
- 50 gm flax (linarosporo) seed.
- 40 gm sesame seeds ( toast it if you wish).
- 35 gm pumpkin seeds (kolokithosporo).
- 50 gm sunflower seeds (iliosporo).
- 30 gm honey.
- 30 gm fresh yeast.
- 1 tsp. baking powder.
- Using your mixer and hook attachment add the following in the order written:
- Water @ 37 degrees.
- Whole meal spelt flour, rye flour, flax, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, honey, baking powder and finally fresh yeast broken in small pieces by hand.
- Start mixing on speed 2.When everything is mixed increase speed to 3 – 4.
- Mix for 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to your bread maker’s mold having already mounted the paddle.
- Insert in your bread machine with switch on bread making.
- Push button to start.
- Quickly choose AU 7, 1kg, medium browning.
- Push again to start.
- It will start, stop a few times till it starts to work continuously.
- After about 50 minutes the machine will beep.
- Quickly take out from oven, transfer dough on to the kitchen table.
- Wash the mold, take out the paddle, dry the mold, put some oil on the bottom for the bread not to stick.
- Return mold with dough to the bread making machine shape with your hand and press start.
- Let the bread rise and cook.
- At the end of the cycle, the bread machine will beep, and clock will go of and on for a few minutes. Then it will beep again and shut down.
- When you hear the final beep. The bread is ready.
- It should just drop off.
- Let the bread cool down.